HEDNA and tnooz are hosting a Hackathon and you can be a part of it!!
January 27-28, 2018 at Homeaway HQ in Austin, TX.
HEDNA, in cooperation with Tnooz, is organizing and producing a special “Hackathon” focusing on “Emerging Technologies in Hospitality” during HEDNA’s Global Distribution Conference in Austin, TX in January 2018.
- Join us for a 36-hour sprint implementing a variety of hospitality APIs in creating innovative, revenue-generating, and/or experience improving solutions for the hotel industry.
- Teams will have access to a variety of hospitality APIs, which will be announced closer to the event.
- Startups and ad-hoc teams of developers and designers, are welcomed to join this sprint hack to develop applications that solve real pain points for both travelers and hoteliers.
- We’ll be hosting a casual happy hour on Friday night starting at 6:30pm. While this isn’t mandatory or part of the ‘official’ program, it’s a great chance to mingle and find a team.
- We also are offering a limited number of sponsorship participation slots that will allow your organization to play an integral part of this ground-breaking two-day event.
- Emerging technology is creeping into the hotel space. Whether its a robot butler or a voice-based assistant for revenue managers, hotels are starting to experiment with a variety of technologies.
- Build a tool or solution that uses machine learning/AI, virtual reality, augmented reality, robots, blockchain and/or other emerging technologies to improve outcomes for hotels.
Challenge #1: The Back Office
- From revenue management to housekeeping to maintenance, a hotel is a complex organism. Build a tool, solution, or integration that brings data and real-time insights together to make it easier to operate a hotel. This challenge is all about improving operations of a hotel across all aspects.
Challenge #2: The Guest Experience
- Guests are more demanding than ever. Build a tool, solution, or integration that improves the guest experience, encourages guest loyalty, and/or makes a hotel experience more memorable and unique for guests. This challenge is all about improving a hotel through the guest’s eyes.